Caramel Apple Cinnamon Bar
Your favourite cinnamon bar, with the freshness of green apple and the crunch of roasted pecans.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 1
- Bring sugar and 2 tbsp (30 mL) water to boil in heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat; swirl pan to combine (do not stir). Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until sugar is golden. Stir in butter until melted. Remove from heat; whisk in cream and stir in sea salt.
- Spread tsp (5 mL) caramel onto serving plate in crescent shape.
- Place cinnamon bar on plate. Top with apple slices, 1 tsp (5 mL) caramel and pecans. Grate some cinnamon over top.
- Refrigerate leftover caramel for up to 2 weeks.
- Alternatively, use store-bought caramel.
- 1 (25 g) Fibre 1™ Delights Cinnamon Bun
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whipping cream
- Pinch sea salt
- 5 thin slices green apple
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- Cinnamon stick, for grating
Per 1 Recipe
- calories 200
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 115mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Fibre 7g
- Sugars 19g
- Protein 1g